Thursday, May 14, 2009

Words are powerful

Wow, well today yet again I learned a hard lesson in using my words wisely. Sometimes I just do not think we can even grasp the thought of how our actions can effect others. Why, oh why do I always have to learn the hard way? James 1:19 says "Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."

Very wise words. God has been working out something in me for a while in this area. Probably what I need to ask myself before I say something is:

Will this glorify God?
And what good will come of this?

I am such a work in progress it is pathetic. I need to realize that God never gives up on me and he is merciful and compassionate and forgiving with me, that I also need to be that way with others.

Today I am reminded also that instead of focusing on what I don't have and having a pity party I need to focus on how God blesses my life all the time. What Satan means for harm God can use for good. Praise Jesus for all that he is doing in my life and for the true friends I do have, for my husband and children and his word to call me out and set my feet back on his straight path.

No comments:

Post a Comment